Release Notes for Manager+Agents
What's New in Manager+Agents 14.1
Updated April 23, 2020
- Google Cloud Storage: You can now use Object Mover to transfer to and from Google Cloud Storage.
- S3 Compatible Storage: Manager+Agents is now tested using additional S3 storage vendors.
- Updated Job Templates: Workflow Gateway has been improved. For more information, see the Workflow Gateway Overview and Configuring Workflow Gateway DropBox Monitor Jobs.
- Job View Access Control: You can now set a user's access control level to restrict access to specific job views.
- Conditional Prompts: Job template developers can now control which prompts are visible on a job component based on the other selected prompt values.
- Health Check: Health Check reports now include a list of scheduled jobs.
- Agent Details: The Agent List now includes the date and time the Agent was last used via the Last Activity column.
- REST API: You can now return job labels via the
Object Mover Jobs
Object Mover jobs now use storage profiles to set their source and destination storage. Jobs not using storage profiles must be reconfigured to use a storage profile moving forward.
If using the Web Transfer API to transfer to S3 compatible storage, you may need to reconfigure your application to work with storage profiles. If you are unsure if this applies to your deployment, do not upgrade.
For more information, see Configuring Agents.
Job Scheduler Improvements
Customers with a large number of scheduled jobs in the system may see significant performance improvement on system startup.
- Fixed an issue where job groups beginning with a number would not run jobs in the group.
- Fixed an issue where jobs containing iteration groups failed to run.
- Fixed an issue where a hostname starting with a number could not run jobs.
- Fixed an issue to prevent suspended jobs from resuming after being edited by an operator.
- Fixed an issue preventing user password assignment through the REST API.
- Fixed an issue where some jobs are stuck transferring at 99% completion.
- Fixed an issue preventing job templates from being deleted.
- Fixed an issue that showed uninstalled applications as installed.
- Fixed an issue related to Windows custom installations and user passwords.
- Fixed an issue preventing source file deletion exclusion filters from working.
- Fixed an issue where Agents would crash if storage targets returned an error.
- Fixed an issue with Object Mover reporting and resolved AWS connection issues.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect Agent would be used for an Object Mover transfer if an Agent group was selected as the job target.
- Fixed an issue with assigning user permissions.
- Fixed a job view display issue.
- Security fixes and usability improvements.
This upgrade can be installed on Manager+Agents 13.1 or higher. Previous versions must upgrade to 13.1 before upgrading to this version. Contact Signiant Customer Support for more information.
Upgrading Manager+Agents does not preserve Agent configuration files in addition to
sigsetup.inf. To save your additonal configuration files, back up the INF files contained within the hosts directory.
End Of Life
Upcoming Operating System Change
Manager+Agents will not support CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 beyond version 14.x. To continue using Manager+Agents, it is recommended to upgrade any CentOS/Red Hat 6 Managers or Agents to version 7 as soon as possible.
Manager+Agents 12.x is now at end of life. Customers currently on Release 12 are encouraged to upgrade to version 13.1 or later. Numerous enhancements and bug fixes are offered in newer releases.
For more information, see the End of Life Schedule.
Manager+Agents Legacy Templates
Legacy job templates are no longer supported as of Manager+Agents 14.0. To determine whether you have legacy templates in use:
In the Manager, navigate to Jobs > Templates and click the Legacy column header to sort templates by legacy status.
If you have any legacy job templates in use, contact Signiant Customer Support before upgrading to Manager+Agents 14.1.