A job group is a collection of jobs that share identical access privileges. Grouping jobs provides a means of categorizing, monitoring and reporting on jobs. The Jobs > Groups page displays job groups and their configured properties. The list of job groups indicates if a job group is managed by a job resource control or has any job alarms set.
Adding or Editing Job Groups
To add or edit a job group:
- On the Jobs > Groups page, click Add or select an existing job group and click Edit.
- On the Configuration tab, enter a job group Name and a Description.
- Enable Limited Access Group (optional). This setting limits access for this job group to users with system administrator privileges. By default, this option is disabled.
To show/hide limited access job groups:
Toggle the Show/Hide Limited Access button on the Jobs > Groups page. This setting determines whether job groups assigned limited access are shown in the job group list. A job group with limited access is only accessible to users with system administrator privileges.
To create a copy of an existing job group, select the job group and click Save As.
Job Group Permissions
Administrators can set user permissions to work with jobs via the Manager.
- View - Users can view the job group and individual job status and details.
- Edit - Users can modify job settings.
- Delete - Users can remove jobs.
- Schedule - Users can run and schedule jobs.
- Administration - Users can run jobs, control job scheduling, bandwidth usage and resource controls.
By default, all users are able to read and edit their personal job groups.
To set job group permissions:
- Navigate to Jobs > Groups
- Select a job group and click Edit
- On the Permissions tab, select users or user groups to add. Move users to the Current Permissions list by double-clicking or dragging them, or by clicking Select.
- Select the check boxes to set permissions.
- Click OK.
To remove permissions, select the user or group in the Current Permissions list and click Remove.
Managing Jobs Within a Job Group
To view the jobs in a job group, select a job group on the Jobs > Groups page and click View Jobs.
Note: Select multiple job groups on the Jobs > Groups page to simultaneously view all the jobs within those job groups.
To add a job to a job group:
- On the Jobs > Groups page, select the job group to which you want to add a job and click View Jobs.
- Click Add.
- Select the Job Template Library and Job Template for the job.
- Edit the name of the job (optional) and configure the job properties on the Basic tab.
To move a job from one job group to another:
- On the Jobs > Groups page, select the job group that includes the job to move.
- Click View Jobs.
- Select the job to move and click Change Job Group.
- Select a new job group from the list and click OK.
Setting Job Group Alarms
Consecutive failure and long running job alarms can be set for all jobs in a job group. Alarms can be configured for an individual job group or across multiple job groups.
Note: Alarms set for multiple job groups override any existing alarm settings for individual job groups included in the selection.
To set job group alarms:
- On the Jobs > Groups page, select one or more job groups and click Manage Job Group Alarms.
Configure the alarm type and notification settings:
- Enable Alarm for Consecutive Failures: Enable this option and specify the number of consecutive job failures that will trigger the alarm. The default value is 1.
- Enable Alarm for Long Running Job: Enable this option and specify the Maximum Job Run Time in minutes before the alarm is triggered. The default value is 60. To trigger an alarm when some of the components do not report progress for a specific time period, specify a value in minutes in Stale statistics interval check.
- Notify by Email: Specify the recipient(s) of alarm notifications.
Deleting Job Groups
If the job group to be deleted has jobs scheduled within it, the Manager will display the number of scheduled jobs. Proceeding with job group deletion will delete any associated scheduled jobs.
Note: Deleting a job group that has an associated job resource control triggers the deletion of the resource control.
To delete a job group:
- Select the job group to delete and click View Jobs.
- Delete any scheduled jobs that are listed by selecting them and clicking Delete.
- Click Yes to delete the job.
- Return to the Jobs > Groups page and select the job group to delete.
- Click Delete and confirm the deletion.