Configuring Workflow Gateway DropBox Monitor Jobs
You can add and configure DropBox Monitor jobs in the Workflow Gateway menu. See the Workflow Gateway Overview for additional information on DropBox Monitor jobs.
To add or edit a DropBox Monitor job:
- In your Manager, navigate to Workflow Gateway > DropBox Monitors.
- Click Add, or select an existing DropBox Monitor job and click Edit.
- Enter a Job Name.
- Define settings on the Basic and Advanced tabs.
- Select the DropBox Agent associated with the Workflow Gateway Monitor job.
- Specify the DropBox Folder to monitor for job definition files and source content. The default user for the DropBox Agent must have access to this folder.
Workflow Launch Mode
Choose to Launch Workflow For Each:
- Top-Level File and Top-Level Subfolder – Runs the secondary workflow for each file and subfolder in the root of the DropBox.
- Top-Level File - Runs the secondary workflow for each file in the root of the DropBox.
- Top-Level Subfolder – Runs the secondary workflow for each subfolder in the root of the DropBox.
- Individual File (Recursive) – Runs the secondary workflow for each file found at any level of the DropBox file hierarchy.
- Job Definition File – The secondary workflow and its associated file set are defined within a JSON file in the root of the DropBox.
To learn about workflow operations in each launch mode, see the Workflow Gateway Overview.
Secondary Workflow Selection Options (Top-Level File and/or Subfolder Modes)
- Select the Secondary Workflow to Launch. You can choose to launch MediaDistributor or the workflow As Defined By Default Configuration File.
- For MediaDistributor workflows only, enter the Target Agent and Target Folder.
Note: For workflows defined by the default configuration, any Target Agent and Target Folder values are ignored. All non-default values must be set in the
defaults.siggateway.json job definition file.
Job Creation Options
- Specify the Manager username and password for the default user creating Workflow Gateway jobs.
DropBox Monitor Frequency
- Set the Frequency of DropBox monitoring runs by selecting an interval. The default frequency is every minute.
Use None for jobs that run only at irregular, user-defined times.
Use Once to run the job when it is created.
Note: Editing frequency or start date/time for a job in a queued state within a queued job group will only take effect the next time the job is run.
DropBox Monitor Options
For Top-Level File, Top-Level Subfolder, or Individual File launch modes:
- Choose to filter files or folders by enabling Use Include/Exclude Patterns. With this option enabled, you can enter file patterns to include or exclude, as well as any top-level folders to exclude. Separate multiple filters with a comma. By default, an asterisk appears in the File Include Patterns field, to include all file names/types. For example, if you enter
*.doc, *.ppt, the transfer will include files with those extensions.
Note: If the source directory for this job is also being used as the target directory for another job, add
#chkpt_file#* to the list of excluded file patterns.
For more information on inclusion and exclusion patterns, see the DropBox Specification section in Advanced Job Configuration.
- Choose whether to Ignore All Content Present During Initial Job Run. This option is disabled by default.
For Job Definition File launch mode:
- Choose whether to Preserve Subfolder Paths for Individual Files.
For all launch modes:
File Readiness Settings
- Choose whether to Skip Top-Level Folders. If set to
Yes, top-level folder names are excluded and folder contents are transferred. The default setting is
- Select the number of Simultaneous Transfer Streams. By default, MediaDistributor provides 16 concurrent transfer streams.
- Select the Delivery Mode. The default behavior is to Certify File Delivery, which allows file search in the Manager+Agents dashboard. For more information on available settings, see the Delivery Mode section in Advanced Job Configuration.
- Select the Transfer Check Type. The default is Date/Time (Source > Target), where the source content has been changed more recently than the target content.
- Choose whether to Use WAN Accelerator and, if used, the degree of WAN Accelerator Aggressiveness.
- Select Bandwidth use settings.
For more information on WAN Accelerator and Bandwidth settings, see the Transport Options section in Advanced Job Configuration.
Job Creation Options
- Select the Default Job Group. This can be overridden on a per-job basis when using Job Definition File launch mode.
- Define a Job Name Prefix or Job Name Suffix (both optional). By default, the prefix is
WF_GW and the suffix is an automatically generated number.
- Choose whether to communicate job control information using UDP instead of TCP. The UDP Control Channel option sets the protocol for the Manager, the primary Agent, and the communication between the primary Agent and secondary Agents, as defined in the job definition file. This functionality is intended for firewall traversal when TCP ports are unavailable, and should not be enabled if TCP connections are available. This setting applies to all Manager and Agent job control communication across the entire job.
- Set the Encryption Level. The default value is No Encryption – unsigned. Regardless of the encryption level specified, mutual authentication is always used. Encryption is done "in-stream" and not on disk prior to sending. The encryption setting must be specified in the job definition file.
Note: The No encryption – signed option transfers unencrypted data, but includes the SSL protocol's message digest calculation and signing to ensure data stream integrity.
Job Retry Options
Job Maintenance Options
Job Status Folder Location Options
- Choose a Job Status Folder Location. The job status folder contains subfolders that track secondary jobs as they are executed.
- If choosing to use a folder other than the DropBox folder, specify its location. When multiple Workflow Gateway Monitor jobs are configured and a common parent folder is created for all job status folders, the
%job_name% variable can be used to define the folder location.
Job Status Folder Maintenance Options
Job Notification and Logging Options
- Enter email addresses that receive notification of Job Launch Failures and Long Running Jobs.
- Choose the threshold over which a job qualifies as Long Running. The default is None.
- Set the Monitor Job Log Detail Level. The default level is Info. Error provides the lowest level of log detail while Debug provides the greatest detail. More detailed logs can result in slower transfer performance.
Note: If the log detail level set here is higher than that set for the secondary jobs, the monitor job log level is also used for the secondary jobs.
DropBox Monitor Frequency
- Define a Start Date/Time and a Time Zone for the times. For example, if an Eastern Time zone specifies a start time of 9:00 am and a time zone of PST, the job runs at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time or noon Eastern Standard Time.